Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Blessing in the Super Market

I went to Kroger's today and spoke to an old friend of mine who goes by the same name as I, Calvin. He asked me how I've been, I told him I finally got to eat today. He asked me did I have a long day and I told him, more like a long week, been starving trying to make freelance design work. But I appreciate this struggle and that I'm learning more from it. He added that it helps you get to a point where you never want to be down there again. I told him exactly, I needed this. He then told me that he's glad that there are people like me in this world especially black people who strive to do what's right because our own people get so off track. I told him that I believe if I keep being myself and true, if I make it other people can learn from my example. I appreciate what I have to go through life and I just want to make myself a better person.

As I continued on, he caught up with me, "The lord told me to bless you." He gave me $10. Man, I had to hug him. I really appreciate the help, and it shows that there are good people out there who care about you and are looking out. I'm not the religious type but if it is so that He blessed me, Thank you Lord, and Thank you Calvin. I really appreciate this. I'll never forget it.



May the will of good men spread to touch others. 


Spread Love.
Deuces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment