Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Big 5-0

This entire week I've been out of ATL so if you have been looking for me (Which I doubt, I'm unstalkable. lol) you've been outta luck. I've been in Camden for an entire week of "Oh So Lovely" Fail. Remember, once I past the lines and enter the town my phone loses all hope, meaning I'm not receiving any texts or calls until I leave tomorrow. In my free time I've been planning for the Infinite Space series, I got a pretty solid story and concept going, it's time to put it on paper. Look forward to more artwork and possibly some more stories-poems/etc.



Yesterday my moms had her 50th Birthday Party (Her Birthday was on the 7th actually.) and she requested that I came back for her party, (which I agreed, I really have nothing better to do at the moment lol). My week kinda went like this.....

Sunday - Sore Throat
Monday- Coughing/Running Nose
Tuesday -Coughing up mucus/holding off trip back to Camden for Wednesday.
Wednesday- Heads to Montgomery, then suddenly realizes he is in Alabama..... and sick.
Thursday- Tolerates little cousin's terrible DSL connection/cough/dies/revives/sleep for today.
Friday- Day of Mom's party, Cold settles down a bit, Got a haircut and felt fresh and confident, then suddenly I get trolled and my day goes to all hell. Get's questioned about the "fro".

As I entered the community center, I was heavily irritated, but tried to smile. (That wasn't happening. It's already hard to smile when nothing's going on.) I was surrounded by Dinosaurs and Relatives. I truly felt what it was like to be left behind in Jurassic Park.

Then I realized that I kinda became discriminating towards older people, (probably because I was always around family and older people.) Fears started to swarm in my head that it'll always be like this. (I remember I had a terrible nightmare that I was living with my mom again. Old people always reminded me of my mortality, and that kinda sucks when you're not as successful as you'd like to be with your life or in my case, single.

-DEPRESSION-

Man, I hate parties, I hate parties with my family, and most of all I hate parties with old people.
People looked at me asking who I was and why did I look so upset, despite the fact that so many people knew my mother but very few knew who I was when I'm in Camden, Alabama, unlike when I was in Youngstown, Ohio where everybody knew, My father (who passed when I was 7.) There would be people I've never met in my life and they could just look at me and already knew, "Is this Dee Dee's son??"

And as much as I felt like saying fuck this. I looked at my mom. She was out enjoying herself, she worked hard to make this happen and spent all week preparing for the party and Valentine's Day Baskets for extra money. Thinking about my mom's happiness dissolved my selfish attitude. (Well most of it.) And I got up and danced with her for a bit. Later on I left the party early, I'm too young to be in a 50+ party.

All in all she had a great time, and that's what made me happy, 50 is like the peak of a human lifespan in my opinion, I hope my mother stays around for many more.

Happy Birthday Ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment