Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Future

When I was younger I used to look into the future. The future was my only escape in a world that felt boxed in my wings were withheld against my will. I sat there alone and waited patiently for chance to get away and escape to the future.

When I was younger I gazed into the future and I could see everything. I could see my dreams coming to a reality, I saw wealth, happiness, satisfaction, content, and love. I saw a future that only offered the best for me. My future will be bright.

When I escaped, I met new friends, and I was no longer alone. I found a pack of wolves I could relate to, and as I looked into the future, I saw everything. I saw fun, discovery, and happiness. My future seemed exciting.

When I saw you, and in your eyes, I saw the future, and in the future, I saw everything, because I saw you. You were my everything. In that future, only you and I existed, nothing else.

When You and I finally made love I looked into the future and I could see everything. I could see you as my wife, I could see our household, kids, perhaps a dog, happiness. I could see you, holding my hand and that was all I needed. My future looked promising.

When we parted ways, I took a shower and sat down for a second to think. I thought about the past, I thought about you... At first I thought, "I'll simply continue on." I didn't expect that it'd take this long. I didn't expect it to hurt this much. I tried to find the future, the future I once saw, the love I once had, was forever lost.

As time progressed and placed the memories of the past in the past. I looked into the mirror. As I gazed into the eyes of my reflection I sought out my future. I stared deep, looking for my future, and I found it...

In my future... I saw nothing. I didn't see all of those things I originally saw. I didn't see a path to success, love, or happiness.... In my future, all I saw was me. In my future I saw myself, standing in at a road that had various paths, some leading to other paths, some returning to the original.

In my future, I saw everything. and everything....was me. I wasn't sure where I was going as I walked down this road, but one thing remained certain- I was going somewhere. Over the time somewhere I didn't understand what this meant. It was clear that I forgot why was my future was so important in the first place. I forgot my dreams.... I forgot about my future.....

I forgot.

1 comment: