Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ascension [Part I]

She grasped his hand held onto his arm laid her head on his chest. "I don't understand. What does this mean?" She looked up to him for a response. He slowly smiled and caressed her hair. "I don't think it would be possible for you to understand how I feel... It's not your fault." He slowly removed her hands and stepped aside. The look on his face was of unknown determination. She quickly pulled him back with an upsetting tone, "What does that supposed to mean?!" He stopped , "It simply means we do not share the same path... Or the same vision...." She placed her hand over her chest and turned him around. A tear ran down her cheek. She bit her lip and blinked, confused by his words. She could only feel her heartbreaking. She gripped her fist. "If you want to leave me... go on...." She buried her face in his chest. He placed his hand on her head and held her closely. "Please.." He calmly chuckled at the idea, "No, It's not that. It's just that... Have you ever wanted to escape this thing we call a role... our purpose... our destiny... and create your own?" She wiped her face and laughed a bit, "Oh that? I thought you were going to leave me for a second there!" She turned around laughed giggled. "There you go again, thinking too much. Why would I want to escape my destiny when it is here....with you..." She wrapped her arms his neck and closed her eyes. He released a heavy sigh from realizing that he fell into her game. "Sometimes I wish those tears from your eyes could be more sincere..."

"Every time I cry for you. My heartaches, the pain is sincere enough." She moves slowly towards his face yearning for his lips. He closes his eyes and presses his lips against hers. She smiled and looked at him. For a split second he began to smile, before his dilemma returned. She quickly frowned in disappointment at his refusal of her attempted charm. She crossed her arms and turned away. "Are you bored of me?"


He laughed, "Don't be so insecure..." She quickly snapped, "I'm serious." He quickly came back with a response, "No it's not about you!" She stepped back from him, "Please don't raise your voice."

He looked at her and raised his eyebrow. She held her pout then burst out laughing. He chuckled at this, "Since you are so infatuated with acting like a human girl, why don't you go to Earth and charm all the human boys." He smirked and walked off. She pursued him. "You don't find my gentle teasing cute? What's been bothering you lately?" He shrugged at the thought,"It's amusing.... Especially since I know you're not that type of woman, but I suppose you enjoy the feel of being dramatic. I can hold my own against any woman, so my love will never be a problem."

"You're cheating on me..."

"Get serious. You're all I need."

"Then why are you so unhappy?"

"We spend our entire existence dedicated to this observatory, only watching with only each other to entertain ourselves. It's like being trapped in a box. Why do we choose to live our lives in such a manner?! I understand we were created to become apart of a system to maintain 'Order', still are we not intelligent beings capable of individual thought? Why can't I carry my own existence according to my own free will... I don't want to spend eternity stuck.....here..." He saw that her concerned look had became unhappy. He grabbed her hand. "One day I want to leave this observatory with you and go away to somewhere else where we can be free to live according to our own choices...I just want to get away to a place where together we can be free of these responsibilities and to pursue whatever we want."

"Why?! What's wrong with being here with me?!"

"Don't you get it?! Don't you feel like you're trapped here?! Don't you want to live your own life freely?!"

"I am living my life freely! You're the only person I want to be with! I don't care where we are! As long as I'm with......." She became silent. "What's wrong with you?...... our place is here...." she grabbed his hand. "Together....." He closed his eyes and bottled his words, his free hand tightened into a fist displaying his anger. She quickly spoke,"Please, don't hate me for this... This is all I know, and I'm just happy being with you. He opened his eyes and looked at her, "I will always love you..." He kissed her on the cheek and left the equatorial room.


As he walked down path to the library the hallway lit up with each step. As light shone into the the windows the glass became stained with images depicting the story of The Universe, The Perfects, The Defects, and The Origin. The Origin watched from the heavens, accompanied by The Perfects, created by the very will of the Origin. The Defects were originally Perfects that strayed away from the Path of The Perfects, finding their own path they changed greatly and gained an opposition towards Perfection.

"Of course you wouldn't understand... In your  eyes... all you can see is me. I wish it was that easy..."

[To Be Continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment