Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Observations of a Generation Filled With Y's.

The Youtube generation, once were thrusted into Myspace, filled with all the info on their personal space which now you can read in a book with their face. We wake up seeing Bill come into Monica and watch him leave out the House of White or well the House where once only white men tread, speaking of Bush and before, now we've got the Son of Hope, Obama to make up for it. But hope comes easy, and leaves even quicker with impatience, because you can't have the world given to you in one day.

With an iPod in hand, laptop in another, we believe in Google Almighty for with Google all things are possible, productively or non-productively. A generation of kids who want to sit, relax, and have fun while getting things leisurely done. We're all think we're special every last one. Well not exactly all of us, because a lot are socially witheld, since the most form of communication is done online or Xbox Live.

I read once that my generation will lack in culture, and originality, as we post everything through Youtube and blogs, it was once believed that the spirit of art is dead and culture. As I look at my generation I can't help but to wonder as well.... All I see is pop, and now I'm yelling "No Pop"like I'm Common. Club hits are what's marketed and pop trendy house music.....blech.

Every once in a while you can find some real stuff you can play, but most of the time you gotta look back in time faraway. To escape the ignorance, you gotta dig deep in the dirt to find that diamond of relativity. As anime and Toonami inspired some of us and we learned lessons, for some it made us stupid, for others it was just ignored.

As we photoshop, illustrate, indesign, whatever the hell and create, even the silliest of ish in the world can be considered art through one eyes, and nonsense in another. So what's the use of believing we're special? Because it's been that way throughout time and history. The greatest lesson I've learned is that Art is Style. But still that lesson, hasn't been learned throughout the majority of my generation, so the future looks scary. As for-profit schools and colleges target us with welcoming arms, promising us the gift of creativity and the knowledge to create our own, but in return we are not catered for and these efforts become wasted, as loans are withdrawn, placing us in debt. We desperately search for work, but a job is not what you get. A generation of worker bees, I wonder out of how many of is a boss. I know longer seek to change the plate that's been handed to me, but to create a new one of my own. Seeking power to crush what has already been placed before me and create a new world with in it's ashes. I'm a dreamer, and perhaps I have dreams like everyone else, but I have dreams to create with the tools an empire for the future, unlike all the rest.



Once I looked at the world and this Generation with intolerance and arrogance, but despite my disapproval for the path the world takes; remember pay attention, because in due time the world will change.

I'm apart of the New Generation, coming in hard with the 2nd Impact, as we prepare to win with a 3rd Strike.




Mankind shall have the Earth, for the Infinity of Space will always be mine.

-Arc Christelle

No comments:

Post a Comment